Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Boldly Going (Where Everyone Else Has Gone Before)...

I think I've spoken enough for now regarding the rather dour subject of the failures of transhumanism as an ideological force for good. Instead, here's a post that might be a bit more fun (for everyone but me that is): computer programming!

It might surprise the two people who read this blog, but I've been trying to learn programming for almost a decade now and yet I still suck at it. Why? Well... I'm not sure exactly why (if I had to guess it's a combination of a bad study environment, impatience and difficulty committing to things).

I started out trying to learn Python 3 way back in 2009, then one of the chapters in the book I was using was difficult and I "rested" for a few days, which in turn became weeks, which in turn became the abandonment of my studies.

I tried learning it again several times but each time things got difficult I would "rest" for so long that I ended up quitting each study by fiat.

And this isn't limited to Python either. I've tried JavaScript, Swift, Ruby, Gambas, Perl, C, C++, C# and shell scripting with the same outcome.

Now I'm trying to learn programming again, so far I've been keeping at it but that's not saying much in regards to past performance.

The C language was influenced by B and BCPL, which was influenced by CPL. The C language in turn parented C++, C# and D. Maybe one day, far into the future, I'll learn programming through the latest offshoot of the C family:


I'm (obviously) the one on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment